Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Bienvenidos a España

I have officially arrived in Spain and have been here for about four hours! It is incredibely hot in Madrid right now and my host family said that this is the hottest that they have ever experienced Madrid. So basically, i'm sneaking my body splash and deoderant everywhere so I don't feel too gross. 

Our plane ride here was not terrible at all. In fact, the worst thing that really happened was the fact that my water bottle "had an accident" when I opened it in the plane because of the pressure on the bottle and went all over me in the air plane. I am very tired and have tried to do my absolute best to just stay awake, but I did just wake up from a small nap. Now that I am in Spain, I have noticed how difficult it is to understand what they are saying. They speak way too fast for me to fully comprehend what they are saying. Alll of the spaniards that I have met thus far have been understanding to my language barrier. Despite this, I still had a little moment where I broke down some just because I was overwhelmed and tired. Additionally, the fact that I can hear everyone in this apartment complex talk. That's a strange feeling. There is not much to do tonight since I don't really know my way around the city and don't know anyone besides Zury at the moment. So it looks like tonight is just a night to relax and hang out and play with their cat. Although I'm biased, it's probably one of the cutest cats I have seen next to mine. 

Tomorrow I will have orientation in the morning! I can't wait to see what all it will be like!

Much love,
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment