Wednesday, July 29, 2015

España: Day 1

Despite having a difficult time falling asleep last night, once I did I slept all the way until I needed to be up. My host mother woke me up with a small "Brianna, Pienso que te levantas temprano" meaning I thought you were getting up early. Little did she know that I had my alarm clock set for 4 minutes after she woke me up, but it was fine. I was more scared that someone was whispering to me! 

Zury and I went with her host mother to the Tandem building at 8 in the morning and once we arrived we found out that we didn't actually need to be there until 1 in the afternoon so we wandered around and took some photos and tried our absolute best not to fall asleep in front of the parliament building. Around 1:30, Susana, a professor in Tandem, took us around the city and showed us where the stores are and where to get a phone. She also took us to some tapas where we had paella, some pepsi, and other miscellaneous food that was all pretty good. I did try a pepper there that was so spicy that my mouth was burning. However, I told myself that I would try everything so I just suffered a little while my mouth was burning. 

Tonight there will be some music at the building where the school is and we will be able to meet some people that are in the program! After a little nap, I think I will be able to stay awake some to enjoy meeting some other exchange students that are here to learn Spanish as well!

Much love, 

Brianna

1 comment:

  1. So cool Brianna!! Enjoy your time there. I will live vicariously though you for the next few weeks 😀!

    ReplyDelete