Friday, July 31, 2015

Espana: Day 3

Today Zury and I decided that we were going to have more of a relaxing day. We are both very sore from walking so much the past few days and then also from carrying our suitcases and such. We were going to go swimming in the morning but only had one card and apparently we had to have one for each person. So we sat around for awhile because we couldn't find the other card and then we decided to go get something to eat. We ended up getting a cheese burger (SOOO American I know). Since we don't know many people here yet, we find the first place to eat that we think looks good. I'm hoping and expecting that once our program begins on Monday we will be able to find other people that have been here for awhile or even live here to show us where is good to eat.

We also received a call today that the excursion that we were going to go on was cancelled for us for tomorrow. We were told that there was some miscommunication. We then decided that we were going to try and go to Barcelona or something, so we found our way to the train station to see how much things were. I told Zury that I felt like I was in Harry Potter land even though I'm a few countries off. It's okay, a girl can dream and pretend! After this we decided that we were going to wait to go until another weekend. We don't know everything yet and we don't know what to buy. I think it would be better for us if we just waited till we had some friends here to guide us on which way to go with buying tickets, hostels, etc. So this weekend we will go shopping and look around Madrid a lot!

Much love,

Brianna

La estacion atocha renfe (AKA Harry Potter Land in my eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment