Monday, August 10, 2015

Espana: Barcelona time!

Zury and I had the wonderful opportunity to be able to visit Barcelona this past weekend. Although it was humid, it was an absolutely beautiful city with a lot of things to see and do. We got there by Renfe Ave which is the high speed train here in Spain. We could see all the beautiful countryside in between Madrid and Barcelona. We sat next to a little girl and her mom and the little girl just absolutely adored Zury mostly because Zury gave her water, but either way it was a fun trip talking with the little girl.

Zury and I have sort of been noticing some cultural differences that I would like to touch on too. For example, this little girl was probably about two years old and in the middle of the train her mother just began to breast feed her with no cover. This is not something that you see frequently in the United States as most women are pressured to cover up or feel the need to cover up. No one in the train made any fuss about this and it was only Zury and I who even looked somewhat shocked by it. And then additionally in the train, there was a couple that just began to make out with each other to the point that if they had been in a private room, I think more would have happened. This is something that I rarely see in the United States as well and if it did happen many people would make the comment "get a room!". I saw this many times in Barcelona and have seen it several times in Madrid as well. I think it is kind of nice to see this. I feel like people in the United States are so focused on themselves that they don't think about showing off their significant others, their parents, their friends, their siblings, etc. Everyone is so very affectionate to the people they love here and they take the time to show it to them too. Even at lunch or supper time, I rarely see people here on their phones unless they are taking photos. They are just taking the time to enjoy life rather than always be on a hurry and to show their real appreciation to their loved ones and to the life that they were given. This is something that I plan to carry with me back to the United States. I want to be in the moment with my friends, family, and loved ones and help them to know that I truly appreciate their existence.

The first night Zury and I got to Barcelona, we go lost. What's new though? We ended up walking about 27,000 steps that day because we couldn't find the hostel and then we couldn't find our way back to the hostel once we got away from it. The hostel was lovely and very clean and if you are ever in Barcelona, I highly recommend Equity Point Centric. We had a girl in our room from Colombia and then a few other girls were in their as well except we didn't talk to them much because they slept all day and stayed up all night. The second day we made our way by the Sagrada Familia and then went to the ocean. We went on a speed boat and got to see the beaches and the coast of Spain. That was probably one of the best decisions that we made because it was a lot of fun and was very cool. Then we made our way to the beach. Unfortunately, it was raining so everyone was leaving the beach, but it was still nice to step foot in the water there for a quick minute. We ended up heading to the beach the next day after we went to a famous shopping center in Barcelona, La Rambla. Although the shopping center was great, it was a very touristy part of Barcelona, so it wasn't my favorite place to be, but I did get a few things. The beach was lovely the next day and was very warm, just right for beach goers. One cultural shock that Zury and I experienced were women without swim tops. I know that it happens, but we were still both pretty shocked to just see it. This is not something that I would personally enjoy doing, but hey, at least they have confidence in their bodies to do that. That's something that I can appreciate.

We made our way back Sunday evening and got back to the dry heat of Madrid. Then off to classes the next day bright and early again!

Much love,

Brianna





Palau Nacional- Majestic Fountains (although they were not on)


1 comment:

  1. How Mr Benjamin Lee service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to Mr Benjamin service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to this funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 5 working days just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% rate and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact this funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on { 247officedept@gmail.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.  

    ReplyDelete