Wednesday, August 5, 2015

España: Day 8

Does anyone else understand how incredibly difficult it is to find and buy plane tickets, hostels, and train tickets? Today was probably one of the most stressful days I have had since I have arrived and it was all because we were trying to buy tickets so we could go visit other places while we are here! After what felt like forever, but was really maybe only 4 hours, we found hostels that we liked and train and plane tickets that we liked and that were cheap for us. So this weekend we are headed to Barcelona and then in a few weeks we will be on our way to Paris for a quick weekend trip! 

I had classes again today and then Zury and I went to Steak n Shake to eat. Trust me, it's very different. For example, there is alcohol on the menu and the place is very modern. Which is much different than in the US. Also, the fries are different and the burgers are not quite the same. Regardless, it was still delicious for lunch. After that I went to a program at the school where we listened and watched the news. Although they spoke very fast for me, I was able to catch words here and there in the news. I am now able to keep full conversations with people in Spanish and that makes me very happy. I am beginning to understand what they are saying despite how fast they talk here. 

Much  love, 

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment