Wednesday, August 12, 2015

España: Some frustrations

I still have classes this week for language which is great because this is exactly what I want to work on. Although I have pretty much the same class this week there are two new girls in my class. Although I can understand pretty much everything that people are saying to me, I still have a hard time replying back. I think it's more nerves then anything just because I know they know the language so well and will correct me in front of others. This morning I felt a touch of home sickness and frustration when I realized that I was getting frustrated with another girl in the class and what we were working on in the class. For anyone who knows me well, I get angry when others don't allow other people to speak especially in the classroom setting. I was frustrated because this girl has been answering all the questions in class and others haven't been given the chance to talk and practice the answer speaking. Then what we were working on just does not exist in the English language so I felt behind others in the class because it does work in their language.


 However frustrating it is, I'm working really hard to just try and practice speaking. I was able to have dinner with my host family last night and practice speaking with them which was really nice. They haven't really been eating dinner with me so I haven't been able to talk to either of them much and eat dinner with them. So I'm glad that i was able to do that and practice more. My ultimate goal out of this is to become much better at speaking and understanding the language. I also bought a book in Spanish for me to read the last few weeks that I am here just so I am even more immersed in the language! I know that I'm catching on some since I woke up and realized that I was speaking Spanish in my dream last night. 

Last night I also went out with a few of my friends from the program for happy hour and got a Tinto de Verano which is wine and soda. It was delicious! I did learn, however, from my host mom, that every tourist loves that drink.. Oops! 

Much love, 
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment