Monday, August 24, 2015

España: Paris Weekend!

This past weekend, Zury and I had to opportunity to visit Paris. Even with a two hour delay and having troubles trying to find our hotel once we got there, we still were able to have an enjoyable time!

We basically had one full day to tour everything and we bought a bus ticket of a tour company in Paris to help us out a little with getting around. I was able to see Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and so much more of Paris that I have heard of! The  bus really helped us get a look of everything and learn about the history in such a short amount of time and I felt like it was worth my money. As an economics student, I was clearly thinking about this. In all honesty, I didn't know if my money that I spent on the trip was going to be worth the time that I was going to be there! I was glad, however, that it was definitely worth my time and gave me a glimpse of what Paris has to offer! I am definitely coming back in the near future with my love and my parents. I kept telling Zury how cool I thought it was that at around the same time that I was in Paris, my mom was there years before. 

On Sunday we realized that our airport was about 16 hours away from where our hotel was walking. Thankfully, with the help of my mom, we were able to figure out which metro to take to get to a shuttle bus that would take us to our airport. There was a mall near by so we went and checked that out. Everything in this mall was VERY expensive. There were brand names and designers such as Armani, Valentino, GAP, etc. Paris is definitely the fashion capital of the world. On Saturday, Zury and I even had the opportunity to walk down a very expensive and upper class part of Paris with a lot of stores like this as well. I looked for some famous Americans, but not much luck in encountering any. Next time I guess!

We were able to take a flight with RyanAir and EasyJet which are cheaper options of flying throughout Europe. I definitely recommend using them if you are traveling throughout Europe just be careful that you know how to pack smart. They threw away a lot of our stuff including my toothpaste and were very serious about a one or two bag policy. If your bag exceeded the size of fitting in a the cabin, you had to pay big money to put it under the plane. Smart business people though finding ways to bring people in and then getting them to pay money for other stuff!

I only have a week left and there are a lot of things planned this week within the program and homework wise. I'm excited that I have a lot of things planned this week because it will help me get my mind off of how excited I am to be able to see everyone back in the United States again. Although I have absolutely loved my time here in Spain and am very thankful for the opportunity that I have been given, I'm defintely excited to get back and begin my last year at Illinois College!!

Zury and I on the tour bus in Paris!

Anyone know what this is? Me either... ;)

Notre Dame

The Love Lock bridge. I have heard rumors that it is coming down because of its weight, but I am not sure yet. They were all still there! I didn't get to put one on there, but when I return, if it still exists, I definitely will!

Much love, 

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment