Monday, August 3, 2015

España: day 5&6

I haven't reallly had much to post about Sunday and I was going to post yesterady and completely forgot, so now I'm just probably going to post two times today! 

On Sunday, Zury and I woke up around noon because we got back around 5 in the morning from the dance club. The dance club was a lot of fun, but it was incredibly hot in there and it was expensive. They said it was 30 euros but it really was like 50. On Sunday we were going to go to Rastro which is a bunch of small shops, but by the time we had woken up and were ready to go it was going to be closed so we ended up just going back to our houses and going swimming that day. Which was a nice way to finish off our first week in Spain. 

On Monday, we had our first day of classes. I really enjoyed mine because I was able to understand them and know what they were talking about. There was some grammatical stuff that they were teaching that I have known since I was in high school, but it was a good reminder. Then we talked about movies and one of the movies, "Mar Adentro", I knew because of my Spanish through Film class and was able to read the summary outloud to the class. Thanks Dr. Gardner! I met a few new friends in this class. Some were for Italy, some from the United States, some from Germany, etc. There were a variety of different ages there too. Some were much older than me, but others were at least 4 years younger than me! After class, Zury and I and our new friend, Lisa from Austria, went out to lunch and I got spaghetti which was really good! Afterwards, Zury and I started walking home and ended up getting slightly lost (what's new!). However, this walk was actually quite nice because we ended up walking up onto El Palacio Real. We did not go inside but took several pictures outside the building which is beautiful and huge. We joked that we would get lost living in the building. Depending on if it costs, I might be interested in going back and seeing what my future house looks like. ;)

Until Next Time!

Much love, 

Brianna


El Palacio Real

No comments:

Post a Comment